- Want to work closely with teams whose focus is public
- Wellington based
- Full-time, though part-time hours will be considered
The Office of the Director of Public Health in the Ministry of
Health has a vacancy for a full-time Public Health Medicine
Registrar from July 2021. The Ministry is seeking a Registrar who
has been accepted for the NZCPHM training programme.
The Office of the Director of Public Health provides clinical
and strategic advice and focus to the broader Ministry and key
The Public Health Medicine Registrar will be a member of the
Office of the Director of Public Health which works closely with
other teams in the Ministry whose focus is public health - for
example communicable disease, environmental and border health,
wellness, nutrition and physical activity, immunisation and sexual
The work programme the Ministry delivers creates extensive
training opportunities, with good supervision for Registrars at any
stage of their training.
Skills and experience:
- Public Health Medicine Registrar in the New Zealand College of
Public Health Medicine Training Programme
- Registered Medical Doctor with annual practising
- Excellent ability to write and talk about technical issues
clearly and concisely to non-technical people
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work collaboratively and respectfully within a team and
with a range of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to pull together ideas and conclusions from large
amounts of technical data
- The ability to manage workload around competing priorities
For more information, access to the position description and to
apply see here.
For further information about the role, email or phone Richard
Jaine on 021 191 8620 quoting the position title.
Applications close at midnight on 7 May 2021, or until the
position is filled.