Health Law Intensive - August 2022
Wharewaka Function Centre - Te Puni Room, Taranaki Street Wharf, Wellington
The University of Otago's Faculty of Law is pleased to offer this post-graduate focused course.
The course will consist of five full days of intensive teaching. Each day will include lectures,
case studies, and small group work, addressing the most important legal issues and
challenges faced by the health sector.
Numbers are limited to allow plenty of interaction with presenters and other participants.
Participants will be expected to prepare for the course with pre-course reading.
Who should attend?
You will benefit from this course if you are working in a senior role in the health sector. In
particular, you should consider attending if you:
• Practise as a chief medical adviser, clinical director/leader or as a senior clinician in
the New Zealand health sector.
• Serve as a board member, chief executive, or senior manager of a health sector
organisation (including DHBs, private hospitals, and NGOs)
• Have worked as a senior clinician or manager in an overseas jurisdiction and wish to
develop your knowledge of New Zealand health law
• Are undertaking vocational training with any of the Royal Australasian Colleges
• Are considering studying towards a postgraduate qualification in health law, such as a
University of Otago Masters in Bioethics and Health Law.