The College represents the medical specialty of Public Health Medicine in Aotearoa, New Zealand. We provide training for Public Health Medicine registrars, and a professional home for Public Health Medicine specialists. We work in collaboration with Māori for the advancement and dissemination of public health research and best practice.
We seek to:
- achieve the highest levels of health and wellbeing for all people in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
- achieve health equity in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
- develop and maintain excellence in public health medicine practice for the benefit of the public.
- promote the development and maintenance of a sustainable Public Health Medicine Specialist workforce to meet the public health needs of Aotearoa New Zealand.
- support the development of the Public Health Medicine Specialist workforce by delivering and promoting training in public health medicine.
- promote the furthering of knowledge and research on public health issues.