Listings for available positions of relevance to public health medicine can be found below.
If you would like to have a job posted on the NZCPHM website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This listing service is free-of-charge to College members. Non-members can also place advertisements at a cost of $170 (plus GST). This service is not available for overseas positions.
Public Health Physicians
« Return to List
31 Mar 2023
The key functions of a Public Health Physician (PHP) at ESR are:
- Provision of professional advice to Te Whatu Ora National Public Health Service and the Public Health Agency on surveillance, investigation, prevention, and control of health events of public health importance.
- Identifying and interpreting disease trends and emerging hazards, particularly related to communicable diseases.
- Initiating, designing, executing, and leading outbreak investigations and research projects to describe the distribution of health events and their aetiology.
- Coordinating multi-jurisdictional outbreaks alongside other agencies such as the Public Health Agency, Te Whatu Ora (Health New Zealand) and Ministry for Primary Industries.
- Supporting local and national outbreak investigations. This may involve visits to selected Public Health Units (PHUs) and other key stakeholders conducted in collaboration with Te Whatu Ora and Public Health Agency staff.
- Leading and supporting surveillance system development activities with national agencies and PHUs.
- Support the provision of clinical governance to the work of the Health Intelligence and Surveillance Group, and wider Health Group.
Kia angitu koe | About you
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A current registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand and be registered in public health medicine (or be working towards this registration).
- Interest in surveillance-based epidemiology or emergency response.
- Ability to work across multiple parties, including government departments.
- Experience in building successful relationships internally and externally.
Assistance with relocation to New Zealand may be provided, if required.
Ngā painga | The benefits
ESR provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing our people in a values-driven, flexible and ever evolving landscape. We are leaders in our field and our laboratory facilities are second to none.
We offer diverse benefits including flexible working options that support everyone’s lifestyle in balance with their work commitments. our people gain value from other benefits such as job-related learning and development opportunities, access to employee health schemes, social events and wellbeing initiatives.
Tono mai | Apply Now
If you have any questions about the role or would like to request a full position description, please get in touch with Dorothy.email@example.com.
We encourage applications from those with an understanding of or a willingness to develop their capability in Te Tiriti o Waitangi, tikanga Māori, and/or te reo Māori.
Applications close: Friday 31 March 2023 at 12am.